17 July 2006

What's it good for?

It is a crazy day, at work everything hit at once [like I thought it would].

My wife wrote an article for the paper and it included a picture of my son. Usually the reporters will submit a 'photo request' for a photographer to take pictures or 'art' of what the story is about. I have been to a couple places where my wife has been writing a story and the photographer is there too. Their paths hardly cross. This is true of this story too. The picture should never have run with the story but I was glad to see him anyway.

We are going to pick him up this evening. I get to eat at 'La Casita'. The best Mexican food on the planet, if not Utah county [and I live in Ogden!!!].

Last night we went and visited Pam Garrett and the Shreeves. Pam had us sit on her front porch during the visit. She could tell us about everyone on the street. She has lost 3/4 of her vision due to her high blood pressure and hypertension. She says it was brought on by the time we asked her to spend in the nursery. The Shreeve's home looks good. I have been in there 3 or 4 times in the last few years. Every new owner tears out the carpet and paints the walls. The Shreeves also replaced the kitchen cabinets and floor.

Today has been crazy, not a lot of time to surf....

I am concerned but the events that are happening in Gaza. The aggression is getting pretty bad. I hope that this won't turn into a full regional war. Between the bombings in India yesterday and the strike on the Beirut airport today that tinderbox is ready to burn and there are US troops right in the middle.

You can read more about it here.

After a serious topic like this the rest of the blog seems trivial. I guess viewing the world through this monitor can't be all fun and games.
-------------

I read this article about 'The top 10 most expensive cars in the world'.

Hey when you go to buy one of these cars will you pick me up a new Camera, Artoo Potatoo, and a Hawaiian Shirt?
-------------------

I have had the same desktop image on my computer at work for the last seven years. I copied it to make the background image of this blog.

Today I read an article about the above experiment left on the moon during that visit that is still used today.

"Here's how it works: A laser pulse shoots out of a telescope on Earth, crosses the Earth-moon divide, and hits the array. Because the mirrors are 'corner-cube reflectors,' they send the pulse straight back where it came from... Back on Earth, telescopes intercept the returning pulse... The round-trip travel time pinpoints the moon's distance with staggering precision: better than a few centimeters out of 385,000 km, typically. Targeting the mirrors and catching their faint reflections is a challenge, but astronomers have been doing it for 35 years".

There is also a link in the article to a photo of a robot that should have been in the top ten of that stupid list from earlier this week.
-------------------

I've lost my keys. Now I'm 'Locked in Forever'.

I thought I had found a link to another classic Internet game that floated around a year-or-so ago. But alas I will have to post that link another day. This game is short but stubborn.
-----------------

Do you recognize this guy?

He made the documentary 'SUPER SIZE ME', One mans journey into the world of weight gain, health problems and fast food. Winner of 'Best Director Award' at the 2004 Sundance Film Festival. If you haven't seen it watch it here.

-----------------

This photo took 1st Place in the 2005 Micro World photography competition.

[One insect was killed in the making of this photograph]

This gallery is pretty cool considering that awesome image I posted of Velcro received only a Honorable Mention.
---------------

Today I found a cool Hawaiian Shirt.

Cartman hates Hippies!

---------------------

Today I came across another Photographer named Pete Seaward.

I googled him and saw hundreds of links to places to purchase hit posters. I really like is urban images, but he shoots a variety of themes.
---------------

Here's another game.

At first I thought this was a blast from the past but then I realized this multiplayer version is not your fathers Asteroids.
--------------

I'm cutting out early today. How many 'cools' was that?
 
Phi Alpha new guy!


Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]