25 July 2006

That's what she said

Wow, I received my first 'kudos' for my blog. If it weren't for my family I wouldn't feel like the greatest blogger in the world. [I need JB to write that song for me]

Last night was a crazy night. My wife had her City Council Meeting and I had a meeting at the church and my oldest son had a soccer game. All at the same time. I ended up taking the rest of the kids to the church. We all ended up at home at the same time. The game was tied and the story was written. All is well....

Except that besides my tire going flat, our refrigerator, garbage disposal and central air have all gone out this week.

I feel like I need one of these

[via]

I got hit with another load of work today, but I had time to surf before staff meeting.....

----------------------------

I read this story about Top Ten Obscure Sports in the World

10) World Highland games
9) Professional Putt-Putt Tour
8) Surf Lifesaving
7) American Cribbage Congress
6) Dog Sledding, Dog Racing and Dog Tossing
5) World Footbag Association
4) Rock Paper Scissors League
3) World Adult Kickball Association
2) Unicycle Hockey World Championships
1) The Extreme Ironing World Championships



huh!?!
-------------

I have been following the Israel/Lebanon Fallout.

[This is a flicker image of a bombed out building. This book is the Quran]

The Daily Show had a take on the impact the conflict has had on Americans.


[link for rss]
------------------

I am not really one to watch the 'Espy Awards' I don't really like any of the award shows, but this one seems overly self serving. Anyway, There was a TV ad that caught my attention.

[link for rss]

I thought wow, would they give some kid an award over Kobe Bryant -- the most over hyped player in professional sports history -- who scored a very impressive 80 points in a single game. [maybe some of the hype was true].

If you are unfamiliar with Jason McElwain you're a Hobbit. Here is a great tribute to him from the half time of the NBA Finals.

[link for rss]

To make a long blog short, I watched a re-run of the ESPYs and they gave Jason the award for 'Best Sports Moment' over Kobe.



Jason McElwain's story is why sports are played. Not for the 80 point multi-million dollar walking billboard, but the kid with a dream to play for 2 minutes in a high school blowout game. He plays because he loves to play basketball. I find hope in Jason, his teammates and the kids that rushed the court and carried him off on their shoulders. I hope everyone would react the same way the kids at his school did if they were in the same position.
-----------------
I miss my friend Kevin.
-----------------

Now from War to a true star to 'Star Wars'.

I read a great article about '75 Things we love and Hate about Star Wars'.


Trivia - A stormtrooper famously bumps his head on a door in Episode IV A New Hope. Jango Fett does the same in Episode II Attack of the Clones. Stormtroopers are clones of Fett, so clumsiness must be genetic.

Our favorite things - Han Solos successful navigation of an asteroid field despite odds of approximately 3,720 to 1.

What were you thinking, George? - Greedo shoots first.

Great dialogue - 'Why you stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking nerf herder!'
'Whos scruffy looking?'

What were you thinking, George? - midi-chlorians

Great lines - 'I love you.'
'I know.'

Our favorite things - Boba Fett. A man of action, not words.

Trivia - Princess Leia, is the best shot. She almost never misses, according to the Internet Movie Database.

Can you figure out what song this is?

[link for rss]
---------------

That's all for today.

Happy birthday sis.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]