11 July 2006

Pink Cup of Art

Last night we had family night. My wife's sister came over and we played family Cranium.2001, 2002, 2003, 2006 Game of the year.

It was fun, we played boys against the girls. Although the boys had a commanding lead we lost because I could not help my middle son draw 'bubble gum' .

After that I helped my oldest son pack for a campout with my Dad on Wednesday.

Today at work was just like yesterday. Our online ordering system has a bug and I cannot add any new content. So while I am waiting I did some surfing....
--------------------

As a kid in the 70's I loved the Rocky movies. I'm not really sure why. Boxing was not my thing, maybe it was the underdog story but I was really young so I don't remember. In the 80's Rocky was more of a joke. His fights were with Mr. T and some Russian/commie guy. The last Rocky movie came out in the 90's. He fought some guy with Aids. Now it's the 00's, Rocky is back.

[link for rss].

The trailer looks pretty good. Back to the underdog story. The current Champ is matched up against Rocky in a video game. In the Game Rocky wins. Now the Champ wants a real life rematch. Yo Adrienne!!!!!
-------------

I have been blogging about the World Cup since the U.S.A. was sorely beaten. Yesterday I mentioned that Italy won and there was a head-butting incident.

Were it not for this happening the World Cup would be out of everyone's mind for the next four years.

Now there is a lame game that puts you into the action.

Check it out here.
--------------------

A while ago I blogged about the 'Calvin and Hobbes' directory of every comic strip ever made. Today I came across this list of the '25 Great Calvin & Hobbes Strips'. One of my favorite themes made it.

-------------------

Want to by a Rubber band Machine gun? Well this is actually a full size Gatling Gun.


This gun is made out of poplar wood and stands 55" high and is 46" long. Each of the twelve rotating barrels stretches twelve 6" rubber band to a 25" length, for a total of 144 bands when fully loaded.  A continuous stream of rubber bands is achieved by pulling the trigger while simultaneously cranking the handle as quickly or slowly as possible. The tripod stand has a wide 30" diameter base and allows the gun to be turned in a 360-degree circle, thus making it easy to follow a moving target.

I want one!
-------------------------

I read an article today I thought my brother would enjoy.

It was titled 'The Boomerang generation'

Boomerang Generation is a term occasionally used to describe the current generation of young adults in contemporary western culture, born approximately between 1981 and 1986.
-----------------

Usually an article title ''50 best robots ever" would make me drool. It did in this case too, only because I fell asleep while reading it.


Here is a brief synopsis of the count down.

03. SPIRIT AND OPPORTUNITY
19. R2-D2 and C-3PO -  'the Abbott and Costello of space'
34. OPTIMUS PRIME

First, let me give them credit for using a list that combines fictional robots with real robots. After all I don't think one could exist without the other. Kind of like the chicken and the egg. But all credit aside, they got it all wrong. And where is Rosie? IF they felt compelled to put an actual robot on top of the list why not one that has traveled further than any other? The Mars rovers would get my vote. but they don't hold a candle to good old R2.

[BTW, I was just kidding............ I don't sleep at work]
----------------

I came across this photographer today.


"Master landscape photographer James Randklev has diligently pursued his unique portrayals of nature for 30 years. He is recognized as one of Americas finest photographers. After a career in biological science and medicine, he turned to photography concentrating on landscapes as his subject and color as his medium. Photographing primarily with large format cameras Randklev's explorations have led him to travel throughout America. The richness and subtlety of his images, as well as his unique vision to find and capture vivid patterns of color and forms, has earned him the recognition and esteem of both his peers and publishers."

His photographs speak for themselves. [I would only add that the above photo of waving grain was taken in Utah].

[Yellowstone]

I've decided I am going to take this up. Send me some money so I can buy a good camera.
--------------------

I found a cool game today called 'Stickman Madness'.

It is a cool little first person shooter. Make sure to reload your gun!!!
--------------

These Quick Change Artists have talent. This is worth watching, although I 'm not sure about the rest of the show.

[link for rss]
---------------

Syd Barrett (1946-2006)

Founding frontman and songwriter for Pink Floyd dead at 60. I love Pink Floyd, although I never got that 'Wizard of Oz' thing. Laser Floyd at the Hansen Planetarium never did it for me either. But nothing could to 'The Wall' at night in the middle of no where.

Good bye Syd, Thanks for the memories. Have fun learning to fly.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]