11 July 2006

Picture Napoleon Taking World Cup

This weekend was a blur. I worked in the basement again. I'm beginning to feel like a troll. I got a good nap on Sunday, but it was during the World Cup final. More on that later.

I think I may run out of gas on the way home today. My gas gage is wrong and when it says half a tank it means empty. I hope I can make it to Blair's.

Last night my wife and I watched 'Failure to Launch'. I liked it, except for Terry Brandshaw's butt. I didn't need that imprinted into my brain.

Work today was slow, our president is on vacation this week. I had time for a little surfing......

I read a story last week about when they were inspecting the space shuttle for any damage from take-off they found some bird-poop on the right wing.

 I hate it when the birds target my truck, but surviving the heat generated by leaving the atmosphere is impressive. I'm glad those birds don't live around here.
-------------

I saw this really cool picture. Can you tell what it is?

This is a Stereomicroscopy with epi-ring illumination image of  Velcro� being pulled apart (94x) by Tracy E. Anderson.
------------------

Today I learned that on the day of my birth the number 1 single was: Mungo Jerry - 'Baby Jump' and the number 1 album was: Simon & Garfunkel - 'Bridge Over Troubled Water'.

Leave a comment and let me know what the hits were on your birthday.
-------------------

Jacek Yerka is a Polish artist born in 1952.

Today I found an online gallery of some of his work. It's worth checking out.
------------------


This past weekend was the Second Annual Napoleon Dynamite Festival in Preston, Idaho.

I was in my basement and did not attend, but I may go next year. I would love to compete in the tater tot eating contest or sing along with the 'happy hands' club.

[this photo is from the Idaho statesman].

"Patrick Zook signs an autograph for a 'Napoleon Dynamite' fan in the dojo he taught martial arts in for 10 years in downtown Preston. The 'Rex Kwan Do' character was loosely based on Zook and the scenes were filmed in the dojo."


"Kim Ward of Downey, ID gets his picture taken with Preston farmer Dale Critchlow who played Lyle in 'Napoleon Dynamite'.

I had to post this along with the story.

[link for feed]
------------------


I tried to watch the Final game of the World Cup.

but it was the first time I have been home at noon on Sunday for two months. I fell asleep after the score was tied and woke up after the head-butt and the game was over.
 
I was cheering for Italy to win. I'm glad they pulled it out. I found this T-Shirt I want to wear.

-------------------

I watched this report from John Stossel. It is called 'Stupid in America'. It is long, but gives a great overview of the problems we are facing right now, especially in Ogden.

[link for feed]
-------------------

That's all for today.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]