25 July 2006

Jump or Stamp on the Bubble

We went on visits again last night. We went to see a couple whose daughter committed suicide last December. He just retired from Weber State and she is a primary teacher. They just built a cabin up in Island Park and he would like to move up there. She didn't really get a word into his conversation. I really admire her and her ability to cope with any situation. I went to school with their son. He is a great guy. He is a Doctor and lives in Texas.

We also went to meet a lady who is a teacher at Polk School. She is married but separated and her three children have moved away from home. She is a great person and volunteers all over the place. We had a good visit with her.
Last year my wife and I had requested another teacher at the school for our oldest son. I think she was hurt by our decision. I'm pretty sure now she realized we made the choice because of who we thought would be best for our son and not because we thought she wasn't a good teacher.

I had a little time to surf today.....
--------

In a follow up story about the 2006 World Cup. FIFA banned Zinedine Zidane for three games Thursday for head-butting Italy defender Marco Materazzi during the World Cup final.

But since he is now retired, the former France captain will serve his punishment by doing community work.

To bad. I think Americans were finally aware of the World Cup.
-----------------

Did you read about that guy in Texas who caught a 20 pound fish that has human-like teeth.

This image is not photoshopped.

Come to find out, the Tribune said a guy in Provo caught a similar fish Thursday near the Provo boat harbor on Utah Lake.
--------------

I saw on the news this morning that the US Post office is releasing new stamps with DC super heroes on them.

I am excited. The Green Lantern and Green Arrow are two of my most favorite superheroes ever. Superman is no slouch and I used to run around in my 'super hero underoos' and pretend to be "Bat Mat".
----------------


I found some cool photos today too.

The photographer calls this on 'the curse'.


This one is called 'Break from Heat'. I swear I saw a cloud come into Ogden last night that looked exactly like this.

But I think this is my favorite of the day.

The best thing is that it comes with a tutorial called 'How to photograph a sunset'.
-------------------

Last week I blogged about my son going camping with my dad. They went up the left fork of Hobble Creek Canyon above Springville.


I guess yesterday a bear climbed into a tent of a Boy Scout in the same camp my son went last week. The boy's injuries were compared to a bee sting. I have been camping may times up that canyon and have never seen or heard of a bear up there. The Article says this is a known habitat for bears and another person ran into a bear there in 2004. I'm glad my wife didn't know about this until after my son was home.
-------------------

Here is a game called 'Bubblewrap'.

See if it will sooth your bubblewrap fix.
------------------

I like to post interesting advertising I find on the web. Today I have two that caught my eye.

First is this neat Ad from Disney.


Both the oversized chair and the movies can make you 'Feel Like a Kid Again'.


This billboard was taken out by an unhappy lady. It would make you 'Feel Like a Scum Bag [again]'.
-----------

That's all for today. Thanks for the comments and Kudos.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]