25 July 2006

Comic Car Cash

Last weekend really caught up with me. Our refrigerator and cooler are still giving us troubles, we had a picnic at Monte Cristo and took a 3 hour detour home, and our baby has decided she doesn't like anyone but my wife. I need a nap but this week is even worse. I have been put in charge of a Stake Eleven year old camp Friday and Saturday. I'm giving a talk on Sunday morning. I feel like I need a vacation before we go on our vacation.

I had to rebuild a computer today so I didn't have a lot of time to surf....
-------------

I came across this article about the '100 top videos of all time' from Stylus Magazine.

We here at Stylus have democratically selected our humble and largely unofficial picks for the 100 best videos ever made, and are presenting them here, fully equipped with YouTube links for your viewing pleasure. Our list spans over four decades of music videos, from Bob Dylan & D.A. Pennebackers arguable creation of the art form in 1965 right up to a barely month-old Hot Chip video by Garth Jennings.

Here are the top 10:
1. U.N.K.L.E. featuring Thom Yorke - "Rabbit in Your Headlights"
2. Johnny Cash - "Hurt"
3. Joy Divison - "Atmosphere"
4. A-Ha - "Take on Me"
5. Radiohead - "Just"
6. The Replacements - "Bastards of Young"
7. Bjork - "All Is Full of Love"
8. Jay-Z - "99 Problems"
9. Daft Punk - "Around the World"
10. Dr. Dre featuring Snoop Dogg - "Nuthin But a "G" Thang"

This list may be hip but I'm surprised that there are not more videos from the 80's and 90's at the top of this list.

The best part is that each Song on the countdown includes a link to the video on YouTube. Here is the number two video of all time. 'Hurt' by Johnny Cash

[link for rss]

--------------

The Middle East is a hotbed for war. It is confusing trying to figure out who is against who. Today I found this cheat sheet called the 'Middle East Buddy List'.

Based on this chart the USA only has one friend in the region.
------------------

According to this magazine there is a new 'World's Fastest Car'.


Barabus TKR: a new 1005 horsepower supercar the automaker says is capable of doing zero to 60 mph in 1.67 seconds. What's more, the car reportedly has a top speed of 270 mph nearly 20 more than the Veyron. Power comes from a 6.0 liter V8 twin-turbocharged with dual intercoolers. The car has a full carbon fibre body and chassis. Further details remain sparse, but the automaker says it will sell the car for $500,000.

My dream car is a Minivan
-------------------

While planning our trip to Yellowstone this entitled 'Top 10 crowd-free national parks' article caught my eye.


Utah's own 'Arches National Park' topped the list. If it were not for the heat I would be headed in that direction this weekend. The rest of the top ten are as follows:
1. Arches
2. Badlands
3. Big Bend
4. Biscayne
5. Cape Breton Highlands
6. Congaree
7. Grand Canyon North Rim
8. Gwaii Haanas
9. Hawaii Volcanoes
10. Sequoia and Kings Canyon

MSNBC picked up on the article as well.
---------------

I saw another beautiful picture.

It is by Gary Hebert. It is of Moraine Lake in Banff National Park. His site worth the stop.
-------------

I found another great street ad that crosses over into my interest in Superheros.

This literal hunk of steel sheds its shirt for the 'S' underoos.
---------------

Another teaser poster for 'Spiderman 3' was released. This one shows Venom taking over.

I feel giddy
-----------------

That's all for today.

Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]